As I member of University of the Arts London (UAL)’s ARTS ATTACK I’m always up for some political action which affects student life.
So I offered to come into the UAL head office in Holborn where SUARTS (UAL’s Students’ Union) head office is also located to meet Shelly – SUARTS President and Mostafa – Culture & Diversity officer, to deliver a special Valentine’s Day card to UAL’s Vice-Chancellor Nigel Carrington…
Nigel wasn’t in to accept the card personally, but I’m pretty sure this will be a Val’s card he won’t be forgetting in a hurry! Part of SUARTS Living Wage Campaign to ensure ALL staff are paid fairly.
What is Living Wage?
- An hourly rate set independently and updated annually.
- The Living Wage is calculated according to the basic cost of living in the UK.
- Employers choose to pay the Living Wage on a voluntary basis.
- The Living Wage enjoys cross party support, with public backing from the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition.
- Paying the Living Wage is good for business, good for the individual and good for society.
For more info visit Living Wage Foundation and come to the SUARTS Living wage Valentine Fiesta tonight at LCC Darkroom Bar – see you there!
Filmed and edited by the EFed student 😉
Pingback: GreenWeek at CSM: clothes swap and cakes | the Educationally Frustrated student
Pingback: iSee: My Students’ Union Valentine’s Day! | the Educationally Frustrated student
Pingback: FashionFix: CSM faux pas! | the Educationally Frustrated student
Pingback: iSee: Shelly’s LCC picture College Collage… | the Educationally Frustrated student
Pingback: The inBox: Living Wage Protest at Chelsea | the Educationally Frustrated student
Pingback: SUARTS ‘rubbish posters’ with a strong message – Living Wage | the Educationally Frustrated student