As I member of University of the Arts London (UAL)’s ARTS ATTACK I’m always up for some political action which affects student life.
So I offered to come into the UAL head office in Holborn where SUARTS (UAL’s Students’ Union) head office is also located to meet Shelly – SUARTS President and Mostafa – Culture & Diversity officer, to deliver a special Valentine’s Day card to UAL’s Vice-Chancellor Nigel Carrington…
Nigel wasn’t in to accept the card personally, but I’m pretty sure this will be a Val’s card he won’t be forgetting in a hurry! Part of SUARTS Living Wage Campaign to ensure ALL staff are paid fairly.
What is Living Wage?
- An hourly rate set independently and updated annually.
- The Living Wage is calculated according to the basic cost of living in the UK.
- Employers choose to pay the Living Wage on a voluntary basis.
- The Living Wage enjoys cross party support, with public backing from the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition.
- Paying the Living Wage is good for business, good for the individual and good for society.
Filmed and edited by the EFed student 😉